Ying Lu, PhD
Vivek Shekhawat, PhD
Learn more about the biomechanics involved in injury claims, covering topics and case studies for:
* The Impacts of Forces on the Body & How they Relate to Injury
* Top Challenges with Reconstructing Low-Speed Rear End Collisions
* How Seatbelt Use Can Influence Accident Outcomes
* Key Considerations for Vehicle, Pedestrian & Cyclist Collisions, Workplace injuries, Slip-Trip-Fall injuries
* The Importance of Physical Evidence in Overcoming Conflicting Statements.
The event is fully virtual, via Zoom, and free to current and potential VADA members. Register here.
Memory Skills for Lawyers
Nationally-recognized memory training consultant Paul Mellor will offer a session that will improve the way your mind retains facts. Learn techniques to improve memory and learn how to apply these techniques to your everyday practice and in the courtroom. A trained memory can increase your efficiency and productivity in all aspects of law. Mr. Mellor will shred the myth that memory cannot be enhanced and help you lay a foundation for total recall.
Invest in a better memory. You have invested years in becoming an attorney and you invest months preparing a case. Invest one lunch hour to strengthen your mind and achieve these goals:
·Think quickly and clearly without fumbling for notes
· Remember important information about a jury and use it to win cases
· Effectively recall facts and figures from research and interview to argue cases in court
The event is fully virtual, via Zoom. Register here.
PAST LUNCH & LEARN
The Learning Continues
Balancing the Billable and the Non-Billable
Tate C. Love
There are a number of activities – bar associations, non-profit boards, firm governance – that are both worthwhile, and can add to your marketability and profitability. On June 23, VADA President Tate Love discussed how you balance your participation in these laudable pursuits, while still meeting your billable goals.
If you missed the Lunch & Learn, Tate's outline is here, and you can watch a recording of the presentation here.