This month’s spotlighted VADA member is Elizabeth Guilbert Perrow of Woods Rogers in Roanoke. Elizabeth served as President of VADA in 2012-13. Her other positions within the VADA include: Chair, Medical Malpractice Section (2006-07); Board of Directors, Southwestern Regional Representative (2007-10); Member, Board of Directors Executive Committee; Treasurer (2011-2012); Secretary (2010-11). She also served on the Board of Editors for the Journal of Civil Litigation from 2005 – 2011.
1. Where were you born?
2. Spouse? Children? Pets?
Two kittens, “Duck duck” and “Goose.”
3. What type of law do you practice?
Medical malpractice defense primarily, although I also practice general civil litigation.
4. How long have you been a member of VADA?
More than 20 years.
5. What have you enjoyed most about your time in VADA?
Friendship with colleagues.
6. What do you like most about practicing law?
7. Who is the most fascinating person you ever met?
8. What is the last movie you saw in a theatre?
9. What is at the top of your bucket list?
A trip to Santorini.
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
11. What was your first job?
Working on my family farm.
12. When I am not at the office, I like to …
Read, cook, hike, and travel.
13. If I wasn’t practicing law, I would be …
14. What is your favorite travel spot?
15. What advice would you give someone who just passed the bar?
Practicing law is a privilege. Do it with excellence and passion. Represent your clients as you would like to be represented, and treat your colleagues the way you would like to be treated.
16. What advice would you give to yourself at age 13?