McGavin, Boyce, Bardot, Thorsen & Katz, P.C.
This month’s spotlighted VADA member is Michael Thorsen of McGavin, Boyce, Bardot, Thorsen & Katz, P.C., in Fairfax. Mike is a two-time past Chair and Vice-Chair of VADA’s Auto and Transportation Liability Section. Admitted to practice in both Virginia and Maryland, he is a graduate of the University of South Carolina and the Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
1. Where were you born?
2. Spouse? Children? Pets?
Wife – Lee, 2 daughters – Blake and Avery. Chocolate Labradoodle – Scout.
3. What type of law do you practice?
4. How long have you been a member of VADA?
Around 20 years.
5. What have you enjoyed most about your time in VADA?
Seeing friends at the spring and Annual Seminars.
6. What do you like most about practicing law?
Going to court.
7. What was your favorite subject in school?
8. What was your first job?
9. What is the best book you have ever read?
Last of the Mohicans, James Fenimore Cooper.
10. What is the one item you cannot live without?
11. What is your favorite travel spot?
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
12. What is at the top of your bucket list?
To see a baseball game at the Field of Dreams.
13. If you were to walk into my office, one of the first things you would notice would be …
14. What is the best live concert you have ever attended?
Train at Wolf Trap.
15. What is your favorite movie, TV show, or podcast?
Favorite Movie – A River Runs Through It.
Favorite TV Show – Cheers.
16. What is your favorite sports team?
Boston Red Sox.
17. When I am not in the office, I like to …
Spend time with my family.
18. If I wasn’t practicing law, I would be …
A minor league baseball player.
19. What is something even your friends probably don’t know about you?
I lived in Iran as a kid.
20. What advice would you give someone who just passed the bar?
Figure out which type of law interests you and stick with it.